So, I got stuck tonight and it was dark on the train ride home but I got to see the shit flame which seemed appropriate for today.
I am working on another post about how there are things I love and hate about commuting but you do get a bit of an interesting ride at times on the good old Hudson Line.
It can be the best of things and the worst... you are regaled with the view of the Palisades in the sunrise and sunset which can be absolutely spectacular.
The flip side is the train line goes right through Sing Sing at one point so you have the view of the prison as well.
The shit flame lights up the night sky just south of the Ludliw station in Yonkers. It burns off the methane and other combustible gases that spew out of the water treatment plant in Yonkers.
There all the sewage gets turned into nice clean water that gets released into the Husson but the plant still has to belch farts. There is something fitting in what might be considered the sphincter of Westchester letting loose for all to see.
It can be a horrid thing passing that plant and I wonder what it must be like for the people who live in the neighborhood to be around that smell regularly.
Thing is you can get used to anything. I picked up garbage for a couple of years (which surprisingly enough was not such a bad job and not the worst job I've had by far) and you even get used to that after awhile.
But I digress because I'm tired and the only thing of note is that tonight the shit flame burned bright.
No comments:
Post a Comment